July 5, 2008

Dolphins!!

Wow, it's been way too long since I posted anything! Life is crazy busy! I've been working almost nonstop, except for our recent week at the beach! We go to Gulf Shores, Alabama, every other summer for our family reunion, and I'm 100% convinced that we have the BEST family reunion ever :) Anyway, this year, my mom, dad, sister and I all went on a dolphin cruise, which was incredible! I expected to be out on the boat for a while and just watch the dolphins swim around, but no... it was so much better! We had two boats go out in different directions from the marina, and when our boat found some dolphins, the other boat came to where we were. They positioned the two boats on either side of the dolphins, and then took off, creating a huge wake in between us. A group of three dolphins played in the wake forever! Once they get in it, it pulls them along, so they do not have to exert any energy to keep up. So... they just jump and roll and dive and have a blast! Oh, and if you can see the pink on their stomachs... that's like blushing when they get excited. Who knew?

Photobucket

Lauryn and I enjoying the ride...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A cute kid on the other boat...
Photobucket

Mom and Dad...
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jaci Clark said...

OMGosh, Deanna! These are AWESOME!!! What great shots you captured. Totally cool!

Cheers,
Jaci

Andrea said...

I love all of your pics, they really are awesome. I think of you all the time because there are so many things over here that I wish I had great pictures of and I know you would love it! It was great to see you at the wedding! Did you get any good pictures? TTYL, Andrea

E. Broderick Photography said...

Awesome! Looks like the best day. And so fun that your family has a reunion every year! You're very lucky!